Who would have known that travel in 2020 would come to a grinding halt as the world deals with the coronavirus and COVID-19 crisis. Countries across the world are taking measures to keep everyone safe by recommending and enforcing social distancing and quarantine procedures to minimize the spread of the virus. While no one enjoys being stuck at home when they could be out having fun on the beach in Mexico, if we all take care we should be able to get through this crisis together. Follow the instructions in your area and make sure to practice proper hygiene.
Here are some tips to keep yourself busy while staying at home during the coronavirus and COVID-19 epidemic.
Stay At Home Tips During Coronavirus and COVID-19 Epidemic:
- Stay Active – While gyms have been closed, you can still stay fit and get exercise in at home. Check online for free classes as many gyms and yoga studios are now live streaming classes that you can attend from home. Also, depending on where you live, exercise outside is still permitted as long as you keep a safe distance of at least 2 meters from the closest person. That means, you can still go for a bike ride, run or walk outside as long as you maintain a safe distance from others.
- Spend Time in the Kitchen – We probably all now appreciate restaurants more than ever. While most restaurants are closed right now, many are offering takeout or delivery. In addition to supporting local restaurants that deliver meals, you should also use the time to fine tune your cooking skills. Look up new recipes online and see how creative you can get in the kitchen. Focus on healthy and fresh meals so you can keep your family’s immune system in tip top shape by feeding it the nutrients it needs.
- Get Vitamin D Exposure – If you are lucky enough to have a private yard at your home, take some time each day to get outside and get some fresh air. Studies have shown that vitamin D exposure from sunlight may be advantageous to keeping your immune system strong. Avoid peak hours between 10 am to 4pm when the sun’s rays are strongest. Instead, head out for some early morning sunshine or in the late afternoon. If you do not have a yard, spend some time reading a book by a sunny windowsill to get your fill of Vitamin D from the safety of your home.
- Declutter and Organize – Well, they say there is no time like the present. As everyone finds themselves quarantined at home during the coronavirus and COVID-19 epidemic, there isn’t a better time to declutter and organize. Go through drawers and get rid of old clothes that you haven’t worn in awhile. You can set them aside to donate to those in need when the time is right. Also, do you have messy closets that need to be organized? Take the time to pull everything out, clean and sanitize and try to organize your closets, too.
- Relax with Loved Ones – The extra stress of this critical epidemic can take its toll on your health. Why not treat yourself and enjoy some mindless TV or movie watching that you don’t have time for usually? Get comfy and spend a few hours relaxing with your family as you watch a movie or TV series. You can also play board games, card games and simply spend time talking with your loved ones. For those you can’t be with in person due to quarantine regulations, there are lots of video call applications you can use from your phone to make free video calls to stay connected.
Working together, we can get through this unprecedented crisis better than ever. In the meantime, we hope you enjoyed our stay at home tips during the coronavirus and COVID-19 epidemic. Remember, stay home and stay safe!